You’re probably wondering why I’m chatting to you about the Chinese New Year, and I get it. But before you hit the unsubscribe button – whoa-nelly…just hear me out.
Here’s the thing: if you look beyond the “woo-wooness” of the chat and understand how it impacts you and your business, then this may be super relevant. It’s something I really subscribe to, having lived and worked in Hong Kong for a time. I truly believe in being open to this way of thinking, as I feel it has helped me in my journey – both in life and in business.
I’ve just read a financial astrologer’s predictions for the Chinese New Year. I know you don’t have time to hop over to read the whole thing, so I’ll pull out the best bits for you because I’m helpful like that.
In the article, Doris Ingber (an expert in feng shui and 4 Pillars Analysis) explains that the five elements of Wood, Earth, Fire, Metal and Water affect everyone.
Yes, you read that right. This affects YOU and YOUR business. You might not value this sort of stuff, but it’s worth giving it a listen because you never know where it could lead.
Last year was the Year of the Horse. “Fire” was the energy, and you may have noticed things moved fast for you and your business. This is the Year of the Goat, with the energy being “Wood”. For your business, you’ll find dealings with your customers, suppliers and distributors more co-operative and gentle. You just need to listen, communicate and be open.
Ingber believes the energy of wood represents the economy, and things are on the up!
Make the most of the Chinese New Year
- I truly believe my business is nothing without a strong team, and Ingber agrees. She says this year’s energy will support those leading from a team-orientated perspective. Put your people first, and you’ll have a better business.
- Company leaders need to be on top of their game, adapting to change and being flexible and open to new opportunities. If you’re reading this it’s a good start!
- Create the right team, and there’s an opportunity to prosper financially this year with all of the elements working in harmony: sales and marketing should be about fire, CEOs should have metal, designers, wood.
I hope I haven’t lost you yet. The key takeaways from this are:
- Communicate – listen, avoid confrontation, compromise and negotiate.
- Build your connections, and build the right connections – we’re more powerful together.
- Lead your own decisions.
- Build charity and humanitarian acts into your daily life.
Once you understand the new energy this year, more light will come to those things you desire.
Thanks for sticking with me to the end!